There are so many possibilities available with an NDIS plan, that it’s difficult to know where to start. We empower you to exercise choice and control by educating you about the NDIS and working with service providers to ensure you are continually satisfied with your services and that they always meet your individual needs. Ensuring consistency of support is vital and is a St Jude’s point of difference.
A designated Support Coordinator from our Support Coordination team will get to know you and help you understand and make the most of your plan. They will also be with you when you need assistance with any NDIS services. The Support Coordinator’s job is to connect you to the most appropriate service providers and ensure you remain on track to achieve your identified outcomes.
We provide all types of support coordination services, including:
Often clients are not aware of the ways they can use their NDIS funding over time. We empower you to exercise choice and control through educating you around the NDIS and working with service providers to ensure you are continually satisfied with the services you are being provided with.
We are dedicated to continually identifying local service providers, including mainstream, community, informal and funded, to provide you with an array of options and ensure you can exercise choice and control when deciding who you wish to work with to achieve your goals.
Beyond supporting the implementation of your plan including negotiating with providers and creating service agreements, Support Coordinators are your point of call when it comes to a change in your circumstances including key life transitions, responding to sudden challenges that may arise or listening to and actioning feedback surrounding your plan.
As of July 2020, Psychosocial Recovery Coaching is funded under the NDIS. Intended for those with psychosocial disability, this support works to build capacity and focuses on recovery orientated practice for individuals to overcome day-to-day challenges creating a barrier for independent living and community participation. We provide support during recovery planning and coaching to increase skills, capacity, motivation and resilience. More information provided by the NDIS can be viewed here.
St Jude’s are focused on the outcomes you have set out to achieve, through monitoring how you are progressing with your support providers, reporting back to the NDIA and assisting you to adequately prepare for and accompany you to an NDIS plan review.
How Can We Help?
St Jude’s provide Support Connection, Support Coordination,Specialist Support Coordination and Psychosocial Recovery Coaching for NDIS funded participants. We provide you with support by:
- Taking time to learn about you, your interests and needs in order to identify the best support services you require
- Helping you and those around you understand your plan and the choice and control you have surrounding your allocated funding
- Assisting you to find the most compatible service providers, supports and activities
- Negotiating and obtaining quotes from providers for their services
- Creating and setting up Service Agreements with providers
- Monitoring your progress with providers, fund utilisation and continually ensure you are getting the most out of your funded supports
- Facilitating feedback and assist you to switch providers when desired
- Responding in times of crisis or provide support during key life transitions
- Providing assessments and reporting back to the NDIA
- Reviewing your individual goals and assist you to prepare for NDIS plan reviews
All our providers are registered with the NDIS, which means if you have a funded plan, you are eligible for St Jude’s Disability Services.
If you don’t currently have an NDIS plan and are living with a disability and could benefit from assistance in your daily life, our dedicated team can guide you through the application and planning process.