Our occupational therapy team possess extensive experience working with both children and adults in a variety of settings such as home, school, work and the community. We are also able to identify where the need for assistive equipment or technology may be required in order to take part in your preferred activities with greater independence.
The St Jude’s occupational therapy team will work with you to develop and maintain the skills needed to perform your day-to-day activities, such as personal care, hobbies, attending work or school and participating in the community. By improving your skills, we can help you achieve the outcomes you’ve identified in your NDIS plan and assist you in living your life with greater independence.
As well as the provision of ongoing services, St Jude’s can also provide Functional Capacity Assessments (FCA). An FCA looks at an individual’s needs in all areas of their life, makes recommendations surrounding treatment and the need for equipment, therapy, home modifications and other capacity building measures.
St Jude’s therapists can work with you to assist you to undertake activities including and not limited to:
- Personal care such as hygiene, toileting and dressing
- Daily tasks such as cooking, eating, cleaning and gardening
- Transport usage including public and private modes
- Attending work, school, your community or social events
- Participating in recreational activities such as sports, shopping, watching movies
Our team are experienced in providing supports around
- Cognitive skills
- Fine motor skills such as using cutlery and writing
- Fine and gross motor skills such was crawling, walking, standing
- Postural support
- Mental health
St Jude’s therapists are experienced providing:
- Full functional assessments
- Assessments, prescription and training in the use of equipment
- Assessments, prescription and training in the use of assistive technology
As St Jude’s is a registered NDIS provider, our services are available to those with NDIS funded plans.
If you do not currently have an NDIS plan and are living with a disability and could benefit from assistance in your daily life, our dedicated team can guide you through the application and planning process.