St Jude's has been one of the more innovative and leading service providers for people requiring health care services in Western Australia since 1982. Our purpose is to maximise the health, enjoyment and quality of life of people seeking support in our community, allowing them to remain as happy and healthy in their own homes for as long as possible. Our experience in service delivery is reflected through 39 years of providing quality services and maintaining the highest of standards for our clients.
About the Role
The role of the Home Care Coordinator is to support our community aged care clients with the implementation and delivery of individualised service plans which are best optimised according to the goals and the allocated budget for the client. The role is also responsible for assisting in identifying support workers to work with your clients, then scheduling and supervising those staff to best align our service promises with effective service delivery.
Key focuses for the role include:
- Following monthly audit calendars and providing reporting to management.
- Focusing on a continuous improvement model of working and always reviewing processes and practices.
- Scheduling, supervising, performance managing and submitting timesheets for support workers.
- Reviewing client goals, measuring individual progress and documenting outcomes for review with client stakeholders.
This role will be hired on a permanent full time basis and will be based at our Midland office.
Skills & Experience
Our ideal candidate has previous experience working within a community aged care setting and is familiar with the provision of CHSP and/or home care packages. They will have a track record of achieving client satisfaction through the combination of connecting clients to supports and through providing a thorough and engaging service to them. Our ideal candidate will have a high level of both verbal and written communication skills, they will be a people-pleasing person in general who forms connections quickly and practices empathy regularly. Our ideal candidate will also have familiarity with the MS Office products and the capacity to pick up new systems and processes with speed.
Key requirements for the role include:
- Previous experience working in a coordination capacity for a community aged care organisation will be highly regarded.
- The ability to work autonomously, self-motivate and operate with minimal supervision is a necessity for success in the role.
- Possess or willing to obtain a police clearance within 12 months.
- Possess full Australian working rights, a valid WA licence and a reliable vehicle.
Culture & Benefits
You will work closely with, and be guided and supported by, the Manager of our Aged Care & Mental Health Services. Our organisation has a strong track record of internal promotion and there is the significant potential for career progression attached to both the position and the sector. This is a glowing opportunity for you to continue your career within one of the most innovative and swiftly growing aged care organisations in Perth.
If the above opportunity is one that excites and encourages you, please go ahead and click 'Apply for this job'. We will be in touch to discuss your application soon!